OsteopathyOsteopathy is a primary health care system, complementary to other medical practices. It is suitable for almost anyone and can contribute to the treatment and management of a wide range of conditions. read more →
Cranial OsteopathyCranial osteopathy is a very gentle, form of osteopathic treatment that encourages the release of stresses and tensions throughout the body, including the head. read more →
AcupunctureAcupuncture is a method of encouraging the body to promote natural healing and to improve functioning. This is done by inserting needles and applying heat or electrical stimulation at very precise acupuncture points. read more →
Applied KinesiologyApplied kinesiology (AK) is a form of diagnosis using muscle testing as a primary feedback mechanism to examine how a person’s body is functioning. read more →
PodiatryPodiatry is the study of, diagnosis, and medical treatment of disorders of the foot, ankle, and lower extremity. read more →
McTimoney ChiropracticA natural and preventative approach offering you improved physical performance and pain relief. read more →
Massage & ReflexologyMassage is one of the oldest, simplest forms of therapy and is a system of stroking, pressing and kneading different areas of the body to relieve pain, relax, stimulate, and tone the body. read more →
Manual Lymphatic DrainageManual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) can be used to improve many conditions and benefit general health and well-being. read more →
Pilates and YogaPilates is a form of exercise, which emphasises the balanced development of the body through core strength, flexibility, and awareness in order to support efficient, graceful movement. read more →
Alexander TechniqueThe Alexander Technique is a gentle and respected way of looking after ourselves in life. It teaches us to challenge our habits and to develop new patterns to maximise good health read more →
Nutritional TherapyNutritional therapy focuses on eating or eliminating particular foods, vitamins, and nutrients for therapeutic benefit. It is an evidence-based discipline… read more →
HomeopathyHomeopathy is a very popular practice of diluting quantites of ingredients into very small amounts to trigger the bodies natural reactions and combat a range of different diseases. read more →
CBT & Clinical HypnotherapyCognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and clinical hypnotherapy are used in conjunction to help patients with a variety of different conditions… read more →
PsychotherapySessions with a trained psychotherapist offer an environment in which you can express your feelings and gain a deeper insight into your issues. These might include anxiety, lack of confidence, depression, mood swings etc. please read more →
As Oxford’s Centre of Osteopathy and Complementary Therapy we are always busy…
Being a multi-disciplinary clinic we have 15 different therapies from Alexander Technique, to Pilates, and enjoy treating several hundred patients a week in our busy clinic, seeing patients with a wide range of problems from frozen shoulders, to smoking addiction. Read our latest newsletter (Summer ’14).
With so many different therapists we have a broad scope of practice, allowing us to be truly holistic in our inter-disciplinary approach to your overall health. From a regular relaxing massage to treating an acute injury we can do it.
Beyond our clinical work the practitioners of Summertown Clinic enjoy being at the cutting edge of their therapies, from writing books, to lecturing to newly qualified GP’s, catch up with who’s doing what at the clinic right here.
Mon: 8am – 7pm
Tue: 8am – 10pm
Wed: 8am – 7pm
Thurs: 8am – 7pm
Friday: 8am – 7pm
Sat: 9:30am – 1:30pm
We’re based in Summertown, North Oxford
Find us here…
Interesting Articles & News
- 15 Jun 2018Lizzie’s Ramblings – Herbal First Aid in the FieldA Spot of Herbal First Aid in the Field The trouble with this time of year is that there is so much...
- 01 Jun 2018Lizzie’s Ramblings Part 2 – Ground Ivy and the stinging nettleFollowing on from my last post, did you spot the two other herbs in the photograph? I’ve added a pho...
- 25 May 2018Lizzie’s Ramblings – Articum Lappa, and Galium Aperine – burdock leaves, and goosegrassI’m sure that I would be correct in thinking that you’ve just taken a brief glance at a rather dull...
This Weeks Focus…
- 05 Aug 2018Lizzie Foulon – Medical Herbalist – Holiday First Aid IdeasHerbal First Aid Kits for Holidays, Out and About and in the Car Many of us will be heading off for adventures far and wide this summer, or to the seaside or out for a day’s walking. These are the herbal items that I take with me: My tiniest herbal kit for a day out, […]...
What to expect…
“Friendly, caring and professional! I have experienced eight Chiropractors over the past and Summertown Clinic has provided the best.”
- Lizzie Foulon – Medical Herbalist – Holiday First Aid Ideas
- Lizzie Foulon – Herbalist – Talking about Lavender
- Lizzie’s Ramblings – Herbal First Aid in the Field
- Lizzie’s Ramblings Part 2 – Ground Ivy and the stinging nettle
- Lizzie’s Ramblings – Articum Lappa, and Galium Aperine – burdock leaves, and goosegrass