A Spot of Herbal First Aid in the Field The trouble with this time of year is that there is so much lush herbage out there when I get out for a walk! While I was trotting down a narrow, overgrown path talking to my botanising friend and admiring the Scrophularia nodosa (figwort) leaves to.. read more →
Following on from my last post, did you spot the two other herbs in the photograph? I’ve added a photo of one of them, the other needing no introduction. The blue-flowered plant towards the bottom left corner of my verdant photograph is Glechoma hederacea, commonly known as ground ivy, though I much prefer one of.. read more →
I’m sure that I would be correct in thinking that you’ve just taken a brief glance at a rather dull photograph? Not so from the Herbalist’s perspective. At this time of year my walks are often amongst an abundance of medicine growing up around my ankles and, understandably, I get quite excited. This snap, taken.. read more →
One of the cough medicines that I use often as a herbalist, is Tussilago farfara, or coltsfoot. I was delighted to find a display of the flowers with their scaly stems when I was walking around a rather boggy churchyard today. The botanical name comes from the Latin, ‘tussis’ – cough. The freshly blooming flowers.. read more →
Osteopathic Exercise Therapy The Summertown Clinic is pleased to include an Exercise Therapy session as part of its offerings. The Exercise Therapy session is run by Osteopath and Strength and Conditioning Coach Andrew Nicholettos. The session aims to explore the merits of exercise in a clinical situation, to help individuals prevent and rehabilitate injury, and.. read more →
Qi Gong Classes with Michelle Spicer - Starting Thursday 13th September book online or find out more here. tinyurl.com/y73mjb85
Lizzie Foulon – Medical Herbalist – Herbal ideas for a holiday First Aid Kit - tinyurl.com/y77j7sgn
Lizzie Foulon - Herbalist - Talking about Lavender and it's medicinal properties tinyurl.com/y7ru5klt
Lizzie’s Ramblings – Herbal First Aid in the field - finding comfort in plants - tinyurl.com/ybsd8d2w
Other Recent Articles
- 06 Sep 2018Qi Gong Classes with Michelle SpicerQi Gong Classes – at North Oxford Golf Club Qi Gong is one of the cornerstones of Chinese Medi...
- 05 Aug 2018Lizzie Foulon – Medical Herbalist – Holiday First Aid IdeasHerbal First Aid Kits for Holidays, Out and About and in the Car Many of us will be heading off for...
- 20 Jul 2018Lizzie Foulon – Herbalist – Talking about LavenderLavender What can I say about lavender that you don’t already know? I am sure that you already use i...
- 15 Jun 2018Lizzie’s Ramblings – Herbal First Aid in the FieldA Spot of Herbal First Aid in the Field The trouble with this time of year is that there is so much...
- 01 Jun 2018Lizzie’s Ramblings Part 2 – Ground Ivy and the stinging nettleFollowing on from my last post, did you spot the two other herbs in the photograph? I’ve added a pho...