Carmen Adamou – Homeopath
Carmen Adamou (BA (Hons) RSHom LSHC) is a fully insured and professionally registered classical homeopath, she trained at Salisbury Homeopathy College and obtained her licentiate after 4 years of academic study in 2007. Since 2013 she has been lecturing at SHC and became a tutor in 2014. She joins the team at Summertown Clinic in Oxford, whilst also running a practice in Witney and she lectures at Salisbury Homeopathic College. An example of the courses she runs is available here…Flyer Intro to Homeopathy Jul 2015
Carmen practises homeopathy with the belief that every person is unique. Each of her consultations and prescriptions are tailored to her client’s individual needs. Treating the cause of the illness and not just the symptoms.
Homeopathy recognises that all symptoms of ill health are expressions of disharmony within the whole person and that it is the patient who needs treatment, not the disease. Using the principle that like cures like, the body’s natural tendency to heal itself is stimulated by minute doses of medicine.
A recent audit of her practice has shown, that patients who have consulted her for homeopathy have been diagnosed by their doctor with some of the following conditions:
- Eczema, psoriasis, warts, veruccas, acne, acne rosacea, impetigo, molluscum contagiosum, bites and stings.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome, constipation, piles, indigestion, reflux, gall stones, bowel polyps.
- Allergies, hay fever, nasal polyps.
- Cystitis, urinary tract infections, kidney stones.
- Bed-wetting, phobias and behavioural issues, exam nerves.
- Recurring coughs and colds, tonsillitis, bronchitis, bronchiolitis, asthma.
- Mapped tongue, tooth abscesses and infections.
- Headaches and migraines.
- Sprains, strains and musculoskeletal sporting injuries.
- Rheumatoid arthritis, oedema, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia.
- Low energy levels, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, agoraphobia, grief, stress, body dysmorphic disorder, eating disorders, insomnia.
- Menopausal symptoms, hormonal imbalances, menorrhagia, PCOS, fibroids, lichen sclerosis, oedema.
- Thyroid disorders, Hashimoto’s disease, chronic fatigue, hypertension, pericarditis.
- Morning sickness, pregnancy support.
- Post-operative recovery.
- Post-chemotherapy recovery, peripheral neuropathy, fatigue, anaemia.
“Homeopathy cures a greater percentage of cases than any other method of treatment. Homeopathy is the latest and refined method of treating patients economically and non-violently.” Mahatma Gandhi.
Carmen currently works on Wednesday afternoons and early evenings.
To book an appointment with Carmen please ring our friendly receptionists (01865 558561) who will be happy to help book your appointment, or email us.
Carmen also has her own website with some further information which you can find here… http://www.oxfordshirehomeopath.co.uk/
Carmen is running an ‘Introduction to Homeopathy’ workshop on January 23rd 2016. For more details and to book, please visit Homeopathy Workshop January 2016