Kina is a qualified integrative psychotherapist and counsellor with over ten years experience helping individuals and couples with issues such as depression, anxiety and panic attacks, high levels of stress, grief, event specific and complex trauma and post traumatic stress/PTSD, relationship and family issues, self development and coaching.
As an integrative therapist Kina combines and draws on different psychotherapy models including integrative/transpersonal and psychodynamic therapy, transactional analysis, CBT tools and mindfulness. She is also a qualified Somatic Experiencing practitioner, a gentle but very efficient trauma healing and stress-reduction method. This gives her a flexible “tool box” with which to help her clients, since she firmly believes one size doesn’t fit all and every person is unique and so are their circumstances and journey.
Along with Carl Jung, who suggested that “Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health”, Kina sees problems and mistakes as potential gateways to growth and she is passionate about facilitating the process of growth, finding joy and healing in her clients.
Kina has a multicultural background and speaks fluent English, Swedish and Spanish. With a previous career in international corporate business she has a solid understanding of company dynamics and the real working world out there.
She holds the following therapy qualifications:
– Advanced diploma in individual counselling and psychotherapy
– Advanced diploma in couples counselling and psychotherapy
– Diploma in Somatic Experiencing trauma healing (SE)®
Areas of counselling Kina deals with:
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Kina is an accredited member of the UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy) and abides by its code of ethics. She is fully insured.
On therapy and personal growth:
“You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself.”
“As I learn to love myself, I receive the love I desire from others.”
On healing trauma:
“Just as a plant spontaneously moves toward sunlight, there is in each of us an impulse moving toward connection and healing.”
Dr Aline LaPierre
Please click here to watch a video that explains how and why Somatic Experiencing trauma therapy works. This second video is an example of how animals naturally, and literally, shake off the trauma in the body as soon as the threat has disappeared or trauma event is over.
Kina currently works at the clinic on Friday mornings.
For more information about Kina visit her website at oxfordtherapy.net
- 31 Jul 2012The Start of the Future!
- 07 May 2018Testimonial for Kina Malmberg-Lovatt from a patient with depression
- 08 May 2017Testimonial for Kina Malmberg-Lovatt
- 24 Apr 2017Testimonial for Kina Malmberg-Lovatt
- 10 Apr 2017Testimonial for Kina Malmberg-Lovatt
- 31 Mar 2017Testimonial for Kina Malmberg-Lovatt
- 05 Aug 2012Awaiting research