COVID -19 – Coronavirus Advice
At Summertown Clinic we always take our patients safety and care very seriously, and follow a robust infection control policy. While it’s important to contextualise the outbreak (there are only 7 diagnosed cases in Oxfordshire at the time of writing this), we need to remind patients of the protocols we follow to mitigate the risks associated with this outbreak.
All our advice is based on the Governments public health guidance which is available for thorough reading and up to date information here (see the bottom of the page for more links):
As a patient with an appointment…
We are operating a normal with our usual high standards of service however…
Given the face to face nature of our appointments and particularly the number of vulnerable patients we have attend our clinics, any patient should cancel their appointment if:
- they’ve been in an affected place in the last 14 days or had contact with somebody with Coronavirus and
- if you have any of these symptoms: cough, fever and shortness of breath.
If the answer to the above is YES – please self-isolate and ring 111 to access the NHS coronavirus services. The NHS is increasing it’s testing capacity so you should get a result within 24 hours or so from being tested according the information available.
Keep Calm and Carry On – Otherwise Normal Services Continue
Otherwise all our appointments are operating as scheduled, and you will be contacted personally if there are any unforeseen changes to your appointment as usual.
What else are we doing?
If you’re interested in how we mitigate the risks we do the following things:
- Frequent hand washing – all staff and practitioners, and encourage the public to do the same with hand sanitising gels in our public spaces, and soap with hand paper towels in the toilets.
- Cleaning – between patient visits and deeper cleans everyday to public areas following the Public Health England guidelines. Also more recently increased the frequency with which we wipe commonly touched surfaces door handles and stair rails etc.
- Regular changing of linen in the clinic rooms
- All patients are being asked screening questions on the phone regarding contact and possible signs of illness.
- All staff and practitioners are aware of our procedures should there be a need to isolate a patient in the unlikely event we consider they might have Coronavirus or COVID -19.
- We are contactable by the Local Health Protection Team should anyone have been diagnosed who has attended the clinic – though it’s unlikely they would have been infectious as there’s no evidence to support the theory that you’re contagious if you don’t have symptoms. In this event we would be directed by the HPT anyway.
Would you like more information?
If you’ve got any questions or would like any more advice please do ring us and we would be happy to talk you through your suitability to come in for treatment, or explain how we can help you.
Phone: 01865 558561
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other links to important resources:
The NHS’s website for Coronavirus: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
The Government’s action plan: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-action-plan
Advice for Employers and employees from ACAS: https://www.acas.org.uk/coronavirus
The Institute of Osteopathy’s COVID-19 update: https://www.iosteopathy.org/news/covid-19-update/
The General Osteopathic Council’s Advice Page: https://www.osteopathy.org.uk/standards/guidance-for-osteopaths/coronavirus-covid-19/
Tracking the Coronavirus cases in the UK: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f94c3c90da5b4e9f9a0b19484dd4bb14